Today whilst Planet Earth’s entire systems risk ecological collapse Dreamtime Downunder Southern X holds the key to Earth Mother’s (Wyanga Malu’s) oldest human memories of the Natural Lore. Discover how this Natural Lore informs the living seasonal and sustainable conservation protocols for all people and for future global generations.
Enjoy a 4 hour immersion on a living Dreamtime cultural trail visiting sites of significance, rock engravings, and fauna and flora across metropolitan Sydney and the surrounding landscape to learn how Aboriginal people maintain their cultural connection. Experience first hand how to always walk on and travel through country, whether in the city or the outback, with a deep respect.
Explore Aboriginal History-heritage visiting key icon places + spaces across inner city Sydney. Start with a cultural greeting then board Coach. Hear story of Aboriginal DreamTime, origin. Visit 5 city Aboriginal sites and explore the who, how, when, why of Aboriginal Dreamtime Events. Feel and connect with Walkaiya (welcome) to Wyanga Malu’s (earth mothers) their Heartbeats. Taste Aboriginal food flavours in Lunch / Snack. Includes 50minute of The Rocks Aboriginal Dreaming Tour, and a short walkabout at Macquarie’s Chair opposite Opera House.
Our ½ day Mini Coach Tour in 2024 will depart every Sunday 10.00am to 2.00pm. Lunch Included. Available other Days Booked in Advance. Explore Aboriginal History, Heritage of 1st People of EORA Country via Visiting 5 Core Culture Places.
- Private/exclusive tours can be booked anytime (subject to availability). Minimum numbers apply.
- Tour meeting point is 27 Cope Street, Redfern (only a short walk from Redfern Train Station)
- The coach tour includes a light Aboriginal refreshment. Depending on the scheduled time of the tour it could be either a morning tea, lunch or afternoon tea.
- Wyanga Malu Tour can also be booked as a Cultural Awareness Training workshop for workplaces and organisations.
- Redfern - the pickup point. Welcome to Aboriginal homeland with use of white ochre // scent.
- Victoria Park - a significant Aboriginal site.
- Over Sydney Harbour Bridge - Aboriginal boundary ancient rock engraving site at Waverton.
- Return over Sydney Harbour Bridge - Aboriginal south boundary dynamics and history of the area.
- Hickson Reserve, Under Harbour Bridge – walkabout to Campbell’s Cove, The Rocks - Reserve. Discover seasonal plants and fauna, focus on resource purposes, and uses, personal connection, lifestyle, and spiritual values, and Circular Quay/Woccanmagulli – English Contact. Walk the Argyle Cut, a rocky outcrop with a significant lesson.
- Macquarie’s Chair (opposite the Opera House) - a short walkabout.
- Return to Cope Street Redfern.